The Kew Gardens Loop: On the left (northerly) side of the image is this building. It opened in September of 1929 as the Kew Gardens Theater - just in time for the October 1929 stock market crash. The theater closed in December of that same year and was eventually converted for miniature golf, ping pong and billiards. [click here for another photograph.] That did no better. The building was soon closed and remained vacant until its demolition in the late 1950's. [Continued]|
To read more about this building, click here.