Search this site - powered by
In the Beginning
The Long Island Rail Road Station
Maple Grove Cemetery and Vicinity
Homes of Kew
Lefferts Boulevard and Vicinity
Queens Boulevard and Vicinity
Metropolitan Avenue and Vicinity
Kew Garden Apartments
Kew Gardens in the News
PS99 Photographs and More
Where Are They?
Kew Gardens Improvement Association
Links to Other Web Sites of Interest
Pictures dated c. 1940 and 2001
Click images to enlarge
The Cross Roads
This view is from Queens Boulevard (in the foreground) and Union Turnpike - an intersection known as Cross Roads. Just beyond is the Interboro Parkway (now the Jackie Robinson Parkway) and the ramp to the Grand Central Parkway.
This area was originally a farm belonging to Daniel Cooper Foulke [1820 - 1900]. At Foulke's death, it passed to his daughter Sarah, the wife of Rev. William Brevoort Bolmer. Brevoort and Bolmer are the names of two present day Kew Gardens landmarks: Brevoort Street and the Kew-Bolmer Apartments on Kew Gardens Road at Union Turnpike and Queens Boulevard.
The Farms that Used to Occupy this Area
Photographic Version of this Post Card
The Interboro Parkway - Today's Jackie Robinson Parkway
The Grand Central Parkway
The Kew Bolmer Apartments